We’ve all heard the term ‘sex sells’, and when it comes to adult products, it’s an annual multi billion dollar industry that most affiliate marketers don’t talk about, yet it offers some of the highest commissions.
It is estimated in the USA alone by 2020, the annual income for adult products, mainly sex toys, will be approximately $52 billion. Thats a lot of latex!
And a good majority of these sales are now being made online.
While selling adult products is not for everyone, especially those that see themselves as having high morals, there are many pros and cons to the adult industry when it comes to affiliate marketing….
- The average affiliate commission for adult DVDs, sex toys and lingerie is approximately 25%, compared with the general affiliate commission for retail products of approximately 6%.
The average sale value per order online is $350, meaning the affiliate nets approximately $87.50 per sale.
- You do not need to purchase or stock any products
- You do not have to handle any returns or product complaints.
- You can literally create a blog, automate it and your social media, go on holidays and still make a full income.
- Adult products are not as seasonal as standard retail products, so there is less management of your site required.
- Many adult affiliates products a ‘white-label’ service, so you can have a full branded online store with little or no setup fees.
- It may be hard explaining to your parents, friends and accountant how you make your income, particularly if you or them have high morals.
- You cannot market adult products online as easily, particularly on Facebook or paid advertising
- You need to check if selling of certain products is legal in your State/County
Many affiliate marketers that get involved in selling adult products tend to have a personal moral battle in regards to that it is easy money compared to many other products online, however they feel wrong selling them. The interesting thing you will find though is that many of the customers are not deviants. In fact, many are respectable people that are simply trying to spice up their sex life, some have disabilities that don’t allow them to have a normal sex life, and others are purchasing products for personal satisfaction to ensure safe sex.
If we consider that buying a woolen pullover at your favourite online retail store for $15 probably involved some form of slave labour to produce, morally this is probably worse than promoting adult products.
How to start selling adult products online
If you have weighed up the pros and cons of selling adult products, you can get started by goine to some of the major online adult sites such as the following:
My Free Sex Store – http://myfreesexstore.com
White label service with a large selection of adult products including lingerie, sex toys, lotions and DVDs. You select what you want to sell.
Alternatively, if you scroll down the the footer of many adult retail sites you’ll find their Affiliate link, with their terms, commission value and other information to get started.